Location: REDGRAVE COURT BOOTLE LIVERPOOL
Returning following the success of the 2013 event: This two-day seminar will give you an excellent opportunity to learn more about how the UK’s nuclear industry is regulated.
The seminar will provide delegates with a clear understanding of how the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) undertakes this important role.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Background: why and how ONR regulates the UK’s nuclear industry.
- Regulation throughout the UK’s nuclear industry: including Civil Reactors, Defence, Sellafield, Transport, Decommissioning, Safeguards, and Security programmes.
- International regulation.
- ONR’s response following Fukushima.
- Regulating nuclear-new-build, and the Generic Design Assessment process.
As well as the excellent range of technical presentations, there will be two interactive sessions:
- Tour and demonstration of the ONR’s incident suite, as used to manage the UK’s response following Fukushima.
- An opportunity to study a simulated emergency response exercise, where groups will get the chance to understand ONR’s response to a postulated event.
Booking Deadline: 08 October 2014
For further information or any queries please email Graham.Simpson@onr.gsi.gov.uk