Location: IAEA, Vienna
IAEA has invited speakers from the international community to speak about their experience of radionuclide contamination of groundwater to give representatives from Fukushima a view of world experience.
Planned list of presentations:
- BUGAY, Dimitri. Groundwater contamination following the Chernobyl accident: overview of monitoring data, assessment of radiological risks and analysis of remedial measures.
- SCHWARTZ, Franklin W. Tritium Contamination at Brookhaven National Laboratory: Lessons Learned from Science and Social Perspectives.
- SMITH, Leslie. Hydrologic Controls on Solute Fluxes in Transient Flow Regimes: Lessons from Chernobyl Ukraine and the Marine Intertidal Zone.
- TOYGUCHI, Yoshiyuki. The situation at Fukushima Daiichi NPS and various government initiatives.
- OHNISHI, Yuzo. Summary of the measures for contaminated water that the Committee compiled.
- MARUI, Atsunao. Geomorphology and geology around the Fukushima Daiichi NPS.
- SAEGUSA, Hiromitsu. Validation of groundwater flow simulation model by the Committee
- NISHIGAKI, Makoto. Groundwater simulation model for considering about countermeasures.
- HAGIWARA, Yoshitaka. Introduction of each countermeasure for contaminated water treatment.
- ONDA, Yuichi. Time changes in radiocesium wash-off from various land uses and transport through river networks after the Fukushima Daiichi NPP accident.
- HAYASHI, Seiji. Behaviour of radioactive cesium accumulation in water bodies in contaminated area by FDNPP accident.
- MORI, Koji. Multiscale watershed modelling for Fukushima-derived radionuclide redistribution.
- KASHIWAGI, Saisuke. Preliminary future predictions and visualizations of radiocesium fate and transport in the surrounding areas.
- TSUJIMURA Maki. Dynamics of radio cesium released by Fukushima Daiichi NPP accident in hydrological cycle of groundwater, surface water and spring water in the headwater catchments.